Day of Action has become a successful event in our community. Colquitt County's twenty-third Day of Action is a call for for hands on volunteering to create a lasting change in our community. This one day event will moblize volunteers from industry, business, and agencies to help with a range of community needs. This year there will be projects at 10 local agencies.
2019 Day of Action
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
11:45 AM - 5:00 PM
Location: Colquitt County Arts Center
1. Colquitt County Arts Center - Deep cleaning and freshening up the Large Art Studio (formerly the MHS Cafeteria). Repainting restrooms and working with local artists to paint murals.
Skills needed - Cleaning: None. Painting experience would be helpful.
Volunteers needed - Min. 8/ Max. 12
Team Captain - Lisa Zeanah
2. Children's Cheer and Toy Shop - Clean, sort, and put used toys on shelves. Bag new toys by age groups. Clean facility, trim bushes, clean signs, fix bikes/outside toys, and prep for Christmas distribution.
Skills needed - Volunteers need to be able to stand the heat. Even with two small window units it gets hot. Self-motivated volunteers with energy and enjoys working with toys.
Volunteers needed - Max. 20
Team Captain - Jessica Tyson
3. Hero House - Pressure wash, cut the hedges, sweep, mop. Clean windows, restrooms, and window seals.
Skills needed - Outside: Experience with operating a pressure washer and hedge trimmers. Inside: None
Volunteers needed - Min. 4/ Max. 8
Team Captain - James Watson
4. Colquitt County Food Bank - Clean front office area (vacuum, dust, clean windows, furniture, carpet, restrooms). Clean freezers and refrigerators inside and out, wipe down shelving. Pressure wash exterior building and drive. Landscaping- mow grass, edge, trim hedges, refresh pinestraw, blow off walk ways.
Skills needed - Outside: Experience with operating a pressure washer, lawn mower and string trimmer. Inside: None
Volunteers needed - Min. 6/ Max. 12
Team Captain - Wesley Rogers
5. Moultrie YMCA - Deep clean downtown Y. Clean equipment, floors, restrooms, etc..
Skills needed - N/A
Volunteers needed - Min. 5/ Max. 15
Team Captain - Kashima Lattimore
6. Green Oaks Center - Paint the Activity Room and the Community Support Room.
Skills needed - Ability to paint walls without getting paint on the trim.
Volunteers needed - Min. 8/ Max. 10
Team Captain - Josh Lovett
7. Boys and Girls Club - Prime and Paint designated areas.
Skills needed - Very basic handyman skills and painting.
Volunteers needed - Min. 5/ Max. 8
Team Captain - Jason Gibson
8. Moultrie Senior Center - Paint the front room and the thrift room. Organize the library and help to hang Halloween decor.
Skills needed - Great attitudes!
Volunteers needed - Min. 5/ Max. 20
Team Captain - Lisa Perry
9. American Red Cross- Assisting American Red Cross leaders with the Pillowcase Project, a fire safety program for elementary aged children.
Skills needed - Must love kids and have patience while interacting with elementary aged students.
Volunteers needed - Min. 4/ Max. 12
Team Captain - Connie Fleetwood
10. Wheelchair Ramp - Windstream Team helps to build a Wheelchair Ramp for an individual in need.
Project reserved for Windstream Team.
Team Captain - Daryl Barron
Day of Action Registration Form